Monday, August 22, 2011

A Case of the Monday's

In the past I have joked about having what every professional knows to be "a case of the Monday's." I realize that in the past it was only a joke, but today it is reality. Waking up this morning was the official ending to quite possibly the finest weekend I have had in New York... excuse me, with New York.

The weekend started when Mr. Kansas City himself arrived and we had a romantic dinner at The Corner Bistro, located in the heart of the West Village. The weekend continued with lunch at the infamous Katz's Deli, where every woman hopes to have what Sally had. Well I had a beer a Knoblewurst, and my Harry. It was perfection only to be out done by our dinner at Per Se. Frankly, there are no words to describe that experience, divine comes close but no cigar. Although, I did experience a minor heart attack Mr. KC sat down, taking the crystal steam-wear with him. To avoid bragging about my weekend, because honestly, who really cares, the weekend involved an incredible going away party, where tears were avoided, a touch of New York history with a visit to the LES's Tenement Museum, and finally the Jet's game.

I think the most astonishing and important part of the weekend, was that for the first time since I can remember I saw New York and Mr. Kansas City through the right colored glasses. They weren't rosy all the time, nor were they totally clear, but they were reflecting some beautiful people, sights, and sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment