Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Itch Factor

I am pretty sure it is common knowledge that the worst thing you can do when you have a painful itch is to scratch it. Of course metaphorically speaking, I scratched an itch tonight, that until I gave it proper consideration did not even know existed. I have always been one to plan every charted course, tonight is different. I made an impulse buy; now let me clarify that this was not like a gossip magazine or mints impulse buy. This was a purchase that is going to shoot me back to the world from which I came, a world that I have been missing. In a week, Dorothy is on her way back to Kansas.

Fortunately, this day in age with credit cards and online airline booking; it was as easy as clicking my ruby slippers together. I am anticipating no end to my emotional rollercoaster as I see friends, places, and the main attraction that sparked this endeavor. For a moment, I must pause my love affair with New York and rekindle an old one...Lawrence, I have missed ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment