Sunday, June 20, 2010

There's No Place Like NYC

A girl in pigtails once set out on a yellow brick road to prove that there's no place like home. About a month ago a girl with two suitcases set out in a yellow cab to prove that there is indeed no place like New York City. It has been a journey to say the least and I have found myself in what may become the most volatile relationship of my life. A Six Flags roller coaster doesn't have as many ups and downs and my emotions as of late, yet I am here and ready to take the City on until one of us is kicked into submission.

This is the beginning of what I hope will be a tale of our story, and by ours I mean mine and New York's. So far it has been good to me and always given me a reason to love it at the end of the day, in spite of the occasional rat sighting in the subway or the fact that I am thousand's of miles from those I care about most.

Yes folks, there will be laughs, cries, successes and failures. A beginning with no end in sight only streets saturated with people and concrete. It will take brains, heart, and courage, unfortunately three qualities I rarely possess at the same time. Dorothy isn't in Kansas anymore yet she is ready to keep you all updated on her quest to prove that there's no place like New York City. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment